Welcome to the Center for Sustainable Medicine!
Didi Pershouse, LAc—thinker, writer, and healer—founded this website in 2006 as a way to share ideas about sustainability and health care in one interconnected place. The Sustainable Medicine Manifesto proposes that real medicine must benefit the whole system—our communities, both human and natural. There is no need to separate the processes of healing ourselves, the environment, and our communities.
The Ecology of Care: Medicine, Agriculture, Money, and the Quiet Power of Human and Microbial Communities
Didi’s new book, The Ecology of Care, is now available on Amazon, Create Space and Ingram.
Didi Pershouse frequently gives talks on a variety of subjects related to climate change, soil restoration, the microbiome, and health. Please contact us if you would like to arrange an event for your organization or town.
Interviews and Talks:
- The Post-Growth Institute published the essay “Fertile Health, Parallels Between Sustainable Agriculture and Sustainable Medicine.” This gives a good quick overview of the subject.
- WNTK/WURV Twin State Radio interviewed Didi about Acupuncture.
- KOWS radio’s What Now Show: look up the 04-25-11 show
- Peak Oil and Sustainable Medicine: interviews between Didi Pershouse and Dan Bednarz of Health After Oil
- Didi speaks in Woodstock after Hurricane Irene
To receive news from the Center for Sustainable Medicine, you can SUBSCRIBE via email, and find us on Facebook.