Welcome to the Center for Sustainable Medicine!
Didi Pershouse, CCH, LAc—thinker, writer, and healer—founded this website in 2006 as a way to share ideas about sustainability and health care in one interconnected place. The Sustainable Medicine Manifesto proposes that real medicine must benefit the whole system—our communities, both human and natural. There is no need to separate the processes of healing ourselves, the environment, and our communities.
Interviews and Talks:
- The Post-Growth Institute published the essay “Fertile Health, Parallels Between Sustainable Agriculture and Sustainable Medicine” on 11/20/13. This gives a good quick overview of the subject.
- WNTK/WURV Twin State Radio interviewed Didi about Acupuncture on 2/2/13
- KOWS radio’s What Now Show: look up the 04-25-11 show
- Peak Oil and Sustainable Medicine: interviews between Didi Pershouse and Dan Bednarz of Health After Oil
- Didi speaks in Woodstock after Hurricane Irene
Didi Pershouse frequently gives talks on a variety of subjects related to sustainability and health care. Please contact us if you would like to arrange an event for your organization or town.
Upcoming Book on Sustainable Medicine
Didi’s upcoming book on Sustainable Medicine has been made possible by donations from readers like you. Thank you for your ongoing support. If you like what you see here and want to learn more about the upcoming book, please check out our Fundraiser Video and DONATE! Use our contact page if you would like us to let you know when the book is available to order. It should be ready to go soon.
To receive news from the Center for Sustainable Medicine, you can SUBSCRIBE via email.